Filinvest and Hitachi Form 60-40 Water Solutions Joint Venture

Sep 2019

Philippine conglomerate Filinvest Development Corporation (FDC) and Singapore firm Hitachi Aqua-Tech Engineering Pte. Ltd. inked a joint venture (JV) agreement to put up a water solution company that will provide overall water solutions in the Philippines. Filinvest-Hitachi Omni Waterworks Inc. will have a capitalization of PHP 34.375 million (USD 661,000) of which 60% will be financed by Filinvest, and the remaining 40% by Hitachi.

The JV company, called Filinvest-Hitachi Omni Waterworks Inc., will provide water treatment engineering, including design, construction and installation, and operation & maintenance for water treatment facilities, including desalination, recycled water and sewage treatment for internal FDC projects and external customers in the public and private sectors.

According to the President and CEO of FDC, the technical expertise of Hitachi and nationwide reach of FDC will help solidify their participation in water industry. The JV company will also complement their investments in power and Infrastructure.

FDC has a subsidiary company called, Countrywide Water Services, Inc (CWSI), which distributes water to the various Filinvest real estate projects. Hitachi Aqua-Tech, a subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd., has over 40 years of experience in the water industry as specialist in providing water solutions.

(Sources: Hitachi; Manila Bulletin; Manila Standard)

About Us

Orissa International helps companies that want to develop a market entry strategy for Southeast Asia or implement their business expansion into the region. We have very strong domain knowledge of markets and industry sectors, and a business network of over 16,000 companies that includes distributors, resellers, system integrators and local manufacturers, that we have built through advising and guiding more than 5,000 companies with their market expansion into the ASEAN region over the last 25 years.

Orissa International is headquartered in Singapore, with additional offices in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and the Philippines.

Our Services