TE Asia Invests USD 50 million in Indonesian Health Projects

Jul 2021

TE Asia Healthcare Partners, a healthcare group backed by US private equity firm TPG Capital, and Altrui Investment Management are investing USD 50 million in two medical projects in Indonesia. The facilities are a Heartology Cardiovascular Center in the Brawijaya Hospital Saharjo and a cardiac hospital, both in the capital Jakarta, with the latter due to open in late 2022. Altrui will take a 25% stake in the projects, while TE Asia and doctors in the two facilities will hold the remaining 75%. TE Asia will be the majority stakeholder.

Heartology is in Brawijaya Saharjo Hospital in Tebet in Jakarta, and operates in collaboration with the Brawijaya hospital group, an established operator with several hospitals and clinics. Heartology will have a team of top cardiac specialists and clinical staff, including nine cardiac physicians, and will offer a comprehensive range of services including diagnostics, cardiac and other heart and vascular surgery, interventional treatments, electrophysiology treatments and pediatric cardiology services.

The center will have a non-invasive cardiac laboratory equipped with a full scale of cardiac diagnostic tools, and a Hybrid Operating Theater that enables complex procedures involving both interventional and invasive surgical procedures to be conducted in the same room. It will also have an advanced Catherization Laboratory, fully equipped with vascular ultrasound and rotary ablation equipment. The center will have advanced electrophysiology equipment, including the first installation in Indonesia of Abbott’s HD Grid 3D Mapping System, which creates a detailed mapping of the heart and enabling accurate and precise catheter ablation treatment for arrhythmia.

Indonesia has a shortage of cardiologists and TE Asia and Altrui expect demand for private healthcare to increase on the back of a growing middle-class population and due to high cases of cardiovascular diseases in Southeast Asia’s biggest country.

(Sources: TE Healthcare; Reuters)

About Us

Orissa International helps companies that want to develop a market entry strategy for Southeast Asia or implement their business expansion into the region. We have very strong domain knowledge of markets and industry sectors, and a business network of over 16,000 companies that includes distributors, resellers, system integrators and local manufacturers, that we have built through advising and guiding more than 5,000 companies with their market expansion into the ASEAN region over the last 25 years.

Orissa International is headquartered in Singapore, with additional offices in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and the Philippines.

Our Services