Oman Investing USD 15 Billion in Indonesian Energy Project

Apr 2019

Oman’s Overseas Oil and Gas (OOG) is investing USD 15 billion to build a new oil refinery and petrochemical plant in Bontang, East Kalimantan in Indonesia, together with a consortium of partners. The government of Oman will provide financial support for the project. It is estimated that the 300,000-barrel-per-day refinery project will be operational in 2025-26.

OOG is managing the project with Indonesia’s state-owned oil gas company, PT Pertamina which controls 10% of the project, while OOG controls the remaining 90%. PT Pertamina will also supply 20% of the crude requirement.

OOG is also in discussions with Cosmo Oil International, a trading unit of Japan’s Cosmo Energy Holdings, and is expected to soon reach the final stages. It is actively looking for other investors too.

OOG has signed a MoU with Indonesia-based PT Sanurhasta Mitra Tbk and PT Meta Epsi Tbk to support this project. They will be assisting in the development of power stations, pipe Infrastructure and water treatment valued at USD 3 billion.

(Sources: Antaranews; Reuters)

About Us

Orissa International helps companies that want to develop a market entry strategy for Southeast Asia or implement their business expansion into the region. We have very strong domain knowledge of markets and industry sectors, and a business network of over 16,000 companies that includes distributors, resellers, system integrators and local manufacturers, that we have built through advising and guiding more than 5,000 companies with their market expansion into the ASEAN region over the last 25 years.

Orissa International is headquartered in Singapore, with additional offices in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and the Philippines.

Our Services