New JV in Malaysia to Provide One-Stop Solar Energy Solutions to Corporations

Jul 2020

AME Elite Consortium Bhd, a leading integrated industrial property development services provider in Malaysia has signed a joint venture (JV) agreement through its subsidiary Symphony Square Sdn Bhd (SS), with Baozhou New Energy Technology Sdn Bhd (BNET) to provide one-stop solar energy solutions. The joint venture will cater to the solar energy demand of the corporations in Peninsular Malaysia and AME’s i-Park industrial parks in Senai, Johor. AME, through SS, will hold a controlling 51% stake in the company, while BNET will hold the remaining 49%.

Under the agreement, BNET will provide technology expertise in solar energy, including solar panels and solar tracking systems, and AME will contribute its experience in integrated industrial space solutions. The JV company’s major activities will include solar panel installation and connectivity to Net Energy Metering grid, distribution of solar panels and solar tracking systems, and engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning (EPCC) of Grid Connected Solar Photovoltaic projects for commercial and industrial buildings. It will also target new projects in the development, investment, management, operation and maintenance of solar energy systems in Malaysia.

AME’s Group Managing Director, Kelvin Lee Chai stated that the establishment of the JV company for solar energy is in line with the growing shift towards sustainability and energy efficiency among manufacturers and other companies as part of their social responsibility, hence opening up demand for green energy solutions in Malaysia. The JV will also aim to participate in the large scale and floating solar farm projects, and EPCC projects in the renewable energy sector in the future.

(Sources: The Edge Market; The Sun Daily)

About Us

Orissa International helps companies that want to develop a market entry strategy for Southeast Asia or implement their business expansion into the region. We have very strong domain knowledge of markets and industry sectors, and a business network of over 16,000 companies that includes distributors, resellers, system integrators and local manufacturers, that we have built through advising and guiding more than 5,000 companies with their market expansion into the ASEAN region over the last 25 years.

Orissa International is headquartered in Singapore, with additional offices in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and the Philippines.

Our Services