Bank Indonesia, in collaboration with the Ministry of Trade, the Indonesia Investment Coordinating Board, and the Indonesian Embassy in Japan, recently launched an integrated bilateral economic cooperation data platform called JAIPONG – Japan Indonesia Partnership Lounge. The JAIPONG platform has five main features:
- a frequently updated bank data and policy tracker;
- an intuitive and interactive design;
- a one-stop hub for comprehensive and integrated information within a dashboard environment;
- is available in Indonesian and Japanese;
- is developed by Indonesian university students studying in Japan.
Themed’ Synergy in Harmony’, the JAIPONG dashboard is expected to answer the needs of Japanese investors and partners, bringing together sources of information from various websites and official information from the Government of Indonesia.
Meanwhile, Japan is also ramping up a program encouraging Japanese businesses to build production sites in South East Asia to diversify supply chains that are too dependent on China. Accordingly, the Japanese government will cover up to half the cost of such investments within ASEAN for large companies and two-thirds for smaller businesses.
(Sources: Nikkei Asia; The Jakarta Post; Investing.com)