The Bangkok Post recently reported that Thailand’s Intermedical Care and Lab Hospital Plc (IMH) is collaborating with the Pornnarit Group to establish the IMH Medical Hub. The project is valued at THB 1.2 billion (USD 34 million) and is located in Samut Prakan’s Bearing area, with the first phase to be completed by 2025.
The project is to include a hospital catering to foreigners and local patients. It is 80% owned by IMH, with the remaining 20% owned by the Pornnarit Group, whose head is the former president of the Thai Real Estate Association.
IMH is leasing the land for a period of 30 years, extendable for an additional 30 years. The first phase of the project includes 200 beds for patients, a retail space and a specialized medical and wellness center. Its retail space aims to become one of Thailand’s largest marketplaces for organic and health products. The second phase will see the installation of a further 400 beds for patients and a rehabilitation and physical therapy center. It is expected to be completed in 2028.
IMH aims to rank among the top three private hospitals in Thailand. The company recently bought the privately-run Mahaesak Hospital in Bangkok to support its healthcare services for expats and tourists. The Mahaesak Hospital was established 40 years ago, and it currently has 103 beds. Following the share purchase deal, IMH will increase the number of beds to 235. IMH plans to restructure management and further develop Mahaesak Hospital to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
(Source: Bangkok Post)