Dutch Manufacturer to have USD 265 Million Milk Factory Operating in 2023

Apr 2021

Milk manufacturer PT Frisian Flag Indonesia (FFI) has begun developing a new production facility worth IDR 3.8 trillion (USD 264.6 million) at the Cikarang industrial district, West Java. The unit of Dutch manufacturer Friesland Campina BV plans to produce liquid milk products, sweetened condensed milk, and creamer.

Having a total area of 25.4 hectares and expected to start operating in 2023, the new site will include a factory, office space, as well as logistics and distribution centers. Once operational, the new site’s total production capacity will exceed half a billion kilos of finished products, with the possibility to expand to one billion kilos. Around 90% of the total production targets the domestic market, and the remaining 10% is for export purposes. The facility is also expected to employ 850 workers, according to the Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM).

For more than 95 years in Indonesia, FFI is a leading dairy-based nutrition specialist for children producing. Currently, FFI operates production facilities in Pasar Rebo and Ciracas in East Jakarta for a brand portfolio of Frisian Flag, Friso, and Omela.

(Sources: The Jakarta Post; The Insider Stories)

About Us

Orissa International helps companies that want to develop a market entry strategy for Southeast Asia or implement their business expansion into the region. We have very strong domain knowledge of markets and industry sectors, and a business network of over 16,000 companies that includes distributors, resellers, system integrators and local manufacturers, that we have built through advising and guiding more than 5,000 companies with their market expansion into the ASEAN region over the last 25 years.

Orissa International is headquartered in Singapore, with additional offices in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and the Philippines.

Our Services